Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tres.

Warning: Today’s letter brought to you with an unusually large helping of the MUSHY-LOVEY stuff.

Dear Handsome,
WHOA - it’s been three years. I’m amazed each and every single day at how lucky I am. It still makes my tummy flip when you call me beautiful. I get the goose bumps when you say I’m the love of your life.
We’ve beaten some odds you and I. Things started out in a way that normally, does not a relationship make . . . but us, we worked. We finally saw what was right in front of our noses and realized it was more than we even knew we wanted.
Of course then came the distance:
source
The long distance relationship: that for which everyone has an opinion. Many of which include “well that’s not going to work”. I’ll say it again, it is undoubtedly one of the hardest things I’ve ever done in my life, but we’re getting through it, together. We make sure we know the next time we’ll see each other and we communicate each and every day even if only to say hello or goodnight. It’s far from perfect, but it is worth it, because we know it’s what we want. You once told me that on the Dr. Who, Rory waited 2,000 years for Amy Pond to come back and that makes 1 year seem not so rough to you.  I think about that every day that I’ve been gone, and guess what?  Now, there’s only 10 little sleeps left.
Happy 3rd Anniversary, my love.
High-Five,
A
nie   

1 comment:

  1. this made me smile & cry !!!!
    miss you already my friend :-)

    ReplyDelete