Thursday, July 14, 2011

Journal Day

Dear SometimesSweet,
Your new “Journal Day” series is such a fun, motivational idea and I’m excited to participate! It’s not farfetched to guess most bloggers have some passion to write, or at least would like to explore it, and this is a perfect way to do just that.

For those that haven’t read SometimesSweet first pop over and check it out, it’s a lovely blog, and has recently become one my favourite additions to the Google Reader. Danielle’s concept for “Journal Day" is to provide a prompt which serves as a writing topic to get the creative blood pumping, narrative style. As the daughter of an English Teacher, I wish I would have thought of it myself!

Prompt: “The older we get, the more certain we get about who we are and what our purpose is. For me, a lot of it is still unknown, but as I make my way down my own path, I have begun to realize that there are indeed some inevitable truths that I know for sure. On your own blog, write a post that talks about "the one thing you know for sure."

Untitled-1
© Letters and Lists, 2011 

I wholeheartedly agree that as we get further into our own life’s story, whilst the unknown never fully subsides, you become more confident in what you do know FOR SURE. For me, I know without a doubt that however things in life continue to unfold I will always have support. Support in this context represents a couple things. . .

Firstly, my people – the amazing friends and family that I’m ever so lucky to have around me which are my support system no matter what. Sometimes that means a friend to give me the go ahead to spend frivolously during a shopping trip or concurring we should order the second bottle of wine. Other times it’s the friend who will drop whatever they’re doing to help in any way I might need, no matter how seemingly inconvenient, even if it’s just to listen. I have a family who tells me constantly how proud they are and support my choices even if they don’t always agree with them. The faces of friends might change once in a while, and I may not get to see family as often as I’d like. . . but I know for certain that I will always have these people around me who are my rocks I can turn to for anything.

Second, it’s me – part of becoming older has meant becoming more confident and realising how important it is for me to be in a really good place as an individual. I have faith that I’m smart enough to make good decisions, and because of that am supportive of myself. What a concept! I have the confidence that I am going through life the best that I can, and for the times that I struggle I try and learn, grow, and become better with each mistake. Oh boy, trust me that there are struggles, and most definitely a lot of mistakes. I certainly don’t hit a speed bump then stop to reflect on what I can learn immediately, it’s quite far from being that ideal, and is always much easier said than done. I do however know I’m capable and I believe in what I do in all aspects of life. I feel VERY strongly that I can be a better girlfriend, friend, employee, colleague, creative, daughter, sister, etc. because I’m in the best place I can be for myself.

Thanks Danielle, for the great inspiration to write away this week!

Love,
Anie

No comments:

Post a Comment