Friday, April 15, 2011

Twitterpated

Found on Le Love from WeHeartIt

I have a dear friend who will remain nameless {to protect the innocent} who recently met a handsome fellow and went on a good old fashion date. In truth, I don’t know if he’s actually handsome, but I’m guessing it’s very likely. The next morning I demanded that she tell me everything and this was her response: 
  1. He kisses like a DREAM 
  2. He is a perfect gentleman 
  3. He told me I look beautiful & take his breath away 
  4. He spent the entire evening trying to convince me that he NEVER EVER gets this attached to a girl EVER because he is the king of cool & he is losing street cred with himself for behaving like a love sick puppy 
  5. He took me to the OXO Tower for drinks & arranged a table overlooking the river = muchos romantic points. 
  6. He made me speak about myself all night 
  7. He held my hand every single opportunity he could 
  8. He paid for EVERYTHING 
  9. He took me to the most amazing restaurant & then he walked me to the train station to catch the last train even though he desperately wanted to drive me home 
  10. He made me feel amazing 
I would first like to point out that she provided her response in the form of an even numbered list – it’s like we were destined to be friends. Secondly, WHOA! I read her email several times over because the smile she most certainly has plastered across her face was permeating off my computer screen. That level of excitement and giddiness has to be contagious. For all of the shitty-shit that happens in the world isn’t it refreshing to hear about two people at the beginning of something lovely?

“Yes. Nearly everybody gets twitterpated in the springtime. For example: You're walking along, minding your own business. You're looking neither to the left, nor to the right, when all of a sudden you run smack into a pretty face. Woo-woo! You begin to get weak in the knees. Your head's in a whirl. And then you feel light as a feather, and before you know it, you're walking on air . . .”  – Friend Owl, from Bambi 

PS – If you’re in LondonTown and haven’t been to the OXO Tower with someone special then scoop a special person up off the street and go there immediately, it is AMAZING. Ryan and I were there in September and even the entire bottle of wine I consumed couldn’t cloud making it one of my favourite London memories to-date.

1 comment: