I thought it was very fitting that our first entry be all about London Town and even more fitting that the contributor is none other than my own personal tour guide, Nicole! The lovely Nicole just happened to celebrate a 29th birthday yesterday . . . happy birthday, my friend! Let’s get to the good stuff:
1. Name? Nicole
2. Current city you live in? London
3. How long have you lived in your city? 13 years; then an 18 month stint in South Africa & back again in London for almost 9 months so far.
4. Where is your “home town”? Durban, South Africa
5. What other cities have you lived in? New York City, Johannesburg, Singapore, Durban
6. Where can we find you online? My blog
LOVE for your city:
1. What brought you to London? South Africa is not a great place to live, it is FAB for a holiday & I highly recommend it to anyone. But living there is another story totally!
2. How long did it take you to feel settled? At least 5 years.
3. If you skipped work for a day and had no other obligations or things to do, how would you spend the time? Take my dogs to Battersea park followed by an alfresco lunch!
4. If someone was coming to visit what would you put on their “must do” list? (a) London Eye is fantastic & must be done at dusk (b) Portobello Road market followed by movies at The Electric Cinema (c) Shopping on Marylebone High Street (d) Taking in a view of the London skyline from Greenwich Park (e) The Tate Modern museum & a trip up to St. Paul’s Cathedral (f) A West End show
5. What is your favourite restaurant? Maggie Jones (High Street Kensington) = typically British food – best to go in winter.
6. What attraction / landmark lives up to the hype? The London Eye – it really is an amazing way to view the city.
7. What attraction / landmark is overrated? Houses of Parliament – they are really boring!
8. What’s the most relaxing thing to do in your city? Grab a facial or massage at Bliss Spa in Chelsea.
9. What’s your favourite thing about living in London? It is so full of different cultures – everyone is different here.
10. If you were forced to move tomorrow, what would you miss most? The ease of travelling . . .public transport ROCKS here.
Thank you so much for helping me kick this off, Nicole! You’ve been an amazing friend since I’ve been here, and I’m so lucky to have met you. (Shout out to Taylor, hollar!)