Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Name is August Christopher.

Isn’t it super annoying when blog titles are obscure inside jokes? That one is for the ladies with big scissors. It’s also dedicated to my brother and a brazil nut, both of whom I’m pretty sure don’t read my blog.

Isn’t it even more annoying when you read the first few sentences of a post and have no idea what the heck we’re talking about?! PLEASE STICK WITH ME, READERS . . . I promise there’s a list coming . . . 2 in fact! I just miss the fam, so that was my shout out. “Hola Familia.”

Okay, moving on. . . I don’t know about you, but I name everything. Especially inanimate objects. In fact, it’s one of my favourite things to do, and I take it fairly seriously. Here are a few characteristics that I think make up a good name:

1. It’s folded
2. It’s witty
3. It’s long but can be shortened
4. It’s nickname friendly
5. It’s funny
6. It makes people think “dang, I wish I would have thought of that.”

Here are the few of the things I love to name:

1. Purses and Bags (but generally only the expensive / special ones)
2. Electronics
3. Cars
4. Shoes (again, usually only the really special pairs)

Now to bring this full circle, I grew up in a family where naming things was basically expected. My group of friends would likely agree, since they too partake in the ritual. But are we just a bunch of crazies?

Right, that’s a loaded question.

Anywhosie, what’s the name of your favourite bag or techy toy? Future blog posts to come with the lists of gems I’ve had in my day.

Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Way to bring it back to the old school. I remember quoting that terrible movie non-stop.

    My iPod is one of the classic gray ones, so I named it Grayskull (like in He-Man), so when it plays something awesome I can say, "By the power of Grayskull!" Because I'm a 12-year-old boy inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So when I read the first sentence in my head I thought ". . . back to the old school, cuz I'm an old fool, who's so cool, if you want to get down, I'm gonna show you the way, whoomp there it is, let me hear you say!"

    Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you're aware of the Awesomesauce 3000, predecessor of the Viktory 4k, king of all phones.

    Recently I named my bicycle Theodore (as in Roosevelt...get it?). You can read all about him if you're hip.

    ReplyDelete