Saturday, October 9, 2010

I’m on Strike

Okay so I’m not actually on strike, but tube services in London were earlier this week . . . and in other relevant and non-relevant news:
1. Walking home from the grocery store the other night I suddenly encountered an overwhelming smell of grape BubbleYum gum. Why am I telling you this? Because I thought you should know. Obvs.



2. I just finished reading a VERY good book called Little Bee. . . I would tell you about it, but I can’t. Not because I don’t want to, but because I can’t spoil it. Even the book says so . . .see:

“We don’t want to tell you WHAT HAPPENS in this book. It is truly a SPECIAL STORY and we don’t want to spoil it. NEVERTHELESS, you need to know enough to buy it, so we’ll just say this: This is the story of two women. Their lives collide one fateful day, and one of them has to make a terrible choice, the kind of choice we hope you never have to make. Two years later, they meet again – the story starts there . . . Once you have read it you’ll want to tell your friends about it. When you do, please don’t tell them what happens. The magic is in how the story unfolds.”

Because I don’t like being out of the loop it didn’t take much convincing for me to read it, and I’m VERY glad I did. If you’re looking for something new, definitely check it out.



3. In case I forgot to mention in my last post, I’ve purchase new boots! Three pairs in fact. Before you go questioning my spending habits, I’d like to point out that based on the climate of my current environment all 3 pairs are a good investment, one may even say necessity! Of course that one saying it is me, but I think its fine.



4. I know what you’re thinking, “she bought 3 pairs of boots?!” Not 2 pairs or 4 pairs, like a normal person with OCD about even numbers? Here’s one of the many amazing things about of shoes . . . THEY COME IN PAIRS! They’re automatically even numbered by nature, so 3 pairs are made up of 6 individual shoes! It’s a beautiful thing, people.


5. Recently I had the pleasure of skyping with this guy, and he's ADORABLE!


6. My good friend Amanda had a baby. Her name is Emersyn, and she's such a cutie! Can't wait to meet her when I'm home for a visit:

2 comments: