Thursday, October 14, 2010

For the Love of Pumpkins


Dear PreciousPumpkins,
I’m concerned. Very. Concerned. Where are you!?

I haven’t seen you in the coffee joints or bakeries. I haven’t seen you in any cafe or gelato shop. You’re not available via soup or muffin. You’re nowhere to be found in the local grocery store, and I haven’t even spotted you for Halloween prep.

IT’s OCTOBER, PUMPKINS! You should most definitely be around. This is YOUR season and normally it’s a GLORIOUS time of year. It’s one of my favourite times of year in fact, when it’s acceptable to enjoy you in large quantities from now until after Christmas. Yet sadly, I haven’t had you at all . . . {tear}.

I’m left to assume that this is one of the cultural differences between the US and UK, and frankly it’s the worst I’ve encountered thus far. I miss you my precious pumpkins, please turn up soon.

Love,
GourdEnthusiast

PS – I pray that I’ve just had bad pumpkin luck . . . if anyone in London or surrounding areas has any tips for partaking in some pumpkin loving please help set me right.

No comments:

Post a Comment