Wednesday, September 8, 2010

You. Are. On. My. Mind.

“Every little thing you do you’re on my mind (on my mind) YOU. Every little thing you do you’re on my miiiinnndddd.” 10 brownie points to the first person to name that old-school jam, knowing my friends it won’t take long so here is a preemptive WELL DONE!

And HERE is what’s on my mind! What a perfect transition, why thank you, now on to the random list:

1. To further prove my new found love, and to appease a comment from LL, here’s photographic evidence that I’m rocking the leggings:


2. Speaking of which, in the spirit of pointing out the obvious – the title of my leggings post was a play on the word hypocrisy. I’m not sure why I feel the need to tell you that, as I’m sure you’re more than capable of figuring it out, but I’ve been second guessing my level of cleverness ever since I posted. So really this is just for my own piece of mind.

3. Don’t be confused by that bedazzled black hat hanging on the door knob in the photo above – it’s just my sparkly beret that I’m going to wear in Paris. I’m pretty sure it will be a hit.

4. I got my hair cut today, including bangs. For any of you ladies (or gents, I don’t judge) with bangs, you know going to a new person to get your bangs cut is a nerve racking thing. If they get them wrong there’s really no good way to cover them up, if they go too short or mess up the angle you’re totally screwed. So I was nervous. I think I’ve been spoiled by Claudia, my lovely little hair dresser at home, because she always gets them just right. Good news though, whilst they’re not exactly Claudia status, I do like the way they turned out and would go back to the lady again, so I’ll consider that a success.

5. When I said, “I don’t judge” just now, that was a lie. If you’re a dude with bangs I’m going to judge you.

6. There was a tube strike in London this week. Luckily, I’m still in my temporary flat a 2 minute walk from work so I wasn’t affected. Unluckily, the radio said there would be 3 more strikes before Christmas. I sense a tube strike combined with cold/rainy weather is going to make me miss Phoenix and my car fairly quickly.

7. Speaking of weather (as Londoners so often do!), I love that it’s getting chilly out in the AM and PM here. Not cold mind you, but definitely brisk, and this morning was foggy. When it's rainy out, I enjoy sitting in the leather chair by the window whilst watching TV and hanging out with Herbert:


8. Oh, did I not mention? Herbert is the name of my lap top. I imagine if he took swine form he’d look like this:


9. BTW, I think it’s perfectly normal to give names to inanimate possessions & to think of your computer as a cute little piglet wearing wellies.

10. The BF gets here on Saturday . . . can anyone put in a good word with Father Time and make it get here sooner? That would be swell.

Happy hump day, folks!

4 comments:

  1. I named my new Dyson 'Devorah' this weekend. A blog post will coming soon.

    The way I feel lately, it's drivin' me craaaazy.

    Soul fa REAL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so "london"and hip! cardi and leggings, thats like the perfect ensemble in LL's book of fashion, hollar! (yeah i still say that here)also, can you adopt that pig in the rain boots? he kind of looks like my ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you were lying when you said you don't judge.

    I'm not sure I'm on board with that beredazzle.

    I thought the hippo was the one that guy had in his backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 10 points for Tay!

    LL I miss you, hollar indeed.

    Mr. G you don't need to be on board with the sparkle-beret, I'm going to wear it regardless!

    ReplyDelete