Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Hippo Named Chrissy

Dear Leggings,
I know what you’re thinking . . . I have some nerve writing you a letter when typically I’m known to curse your name. Tis true, we’ve had a love-hate relationship . . . this mainly consisted of everyone loving you whilst I hated you.

In 2008, I purchased you in basic black and wore you a couple times, but then I was over it. Come 2009, I couldn’t say enough bad things about you. I’m not entirely sure why, but I was convinced that you were OUT as far as fashion is concerned. Time and time again, friends would provide me with proof that you were all the rage, but I just couldn’t manage to jump on board.

“I don’t like them AT ALL” I said.
“You won’t catch me in leggings again” I proclaimed.

Welp, now I’m eating my words! I LOVE YOU LEGGINGS. I don’t know what I was thinking last year! Maybe it was kindergarten-mentality and I was picking on you because (secretly) I really loved you and just didn’t know how to deal with it. Or maybe I’m just a more in tune with what’s “in” because of new surroundings. Either way, I write you this letter my dear leggings to ask for your forgiveness. I need you to a part of my life, and hope you can find it in your heart to pardon my previous lack of judgment.

I love you and I’m sorry,
ALeggingCladHypocrite

1 comment: