Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Differences v1

The top differences between living in London vs. Phoenix to date:

1. In Phoenix the sun sets around 7:30PM . . . In London, Mr. Sun likes to hang out until about 9:00PM. Evidently Father Time’s summer curfew is more lenient in the UK.

2. On my keyboard in the London office the quotations symbol is where the @ key is located and the at symbol is where the “ key is located. I don’t think I realized how much I used both keys until they got switched up on me.

3. Luckily, it didn’t take me very long to realize that when people said something was “in my diary” (Note, if I was typing at work it would look like this: @in my diary@) they didn’t actually mean it was written in a book under lock and key. They actually meant it was in their Outlook calendar / appointment schedule. I’m glad I figured that one out before asking why everyone’s diary content was talked about all willy-nilly.

4. The last difference on this list might be viewed as more of an opinion than cold hard fact, but people in London are WAY more fashionable than Phoenix. Of course that’s talking about everyone on a whole, because I know some very trendy folks in AZ, but London definitely takes the cake on style. Maybe it’s because it’s a bigger city, or maybe it’s because their department stores are SEVEN floors high. I also bet she has something to do with it*:


*Either that or I have a goal of getting all the Spice Girls individually worked into blog posts . . . 2 down, 3 to go.

1 comment:

  1. I want to feed her something fattening. Like the creme brulee I just ate for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete